[Harp-L] delays

The EH Memory Man is a fine if rather standard analog delay--get the one with the chorus (the "deluxe", IIRC) as I found the added chorus to be fairly nice, if not Roland Juno level of nice (the best choruses I've ever used). It's not ground-breaking, but if you run a pre-amp before it or through you're amps effects loop you'll be fine (as with most guitar effects pedals).

Steve Warner writes vis-a-vis the Lone Wolf delay pedal:

"What Randy has done to this thing is keep the pedal in the "Harp Delay"
parameters and not like all the other pedals have, which have WAYYYYY
TOOOOOOO much delay that's made for guitar players. Of course we can keep
it turned down, but we don't need 16 seconds of delay."

You may not, but I do. I always want more control, not less with an effects pedal. The first thing I thought when listening to those samples was, it sounds really, really tame. When the delay is set to 10 and you don't get all-but uncontrollable delays feeding back I am seriously disappointed. The more options, the more possibility to get exactly what you want, when you want sound-wise.

Since I haven't actually played the Lone Wolf, I really can only comment on the sound samples, but they sounded very much like what I'd expect out of a digital delay with analog filtering. A nice sound, but very tame.

Personally, I always liked the grungy, low resolution early digital delays the best when it comes to digital delays, but that's just me. The modern ones tend to sound too much like what they so often in fact are: mimics of something (analog delay or tape echo, depending on the unit) rather than an actual musical instrument in and of themselves.

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () & Snuffy, too:) `----'