[Harp-L] don't try this at home kids.... you may need the, HEIMLICH maneuver!

On Oct 9, 2007, Rob Paparozzi wrote.
Now I know Bonfiglio has played this piece but HE uses his HANDS!!

Vern....please send this guy a HANDS FREE Rack... he's makin' me nervous!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKuhRF3WmM

A good story about that - I did play the William Tell once for a Pepto Bismol commercial sight-reading in some awful key like E Major. The chart said "UPSTAIRS DIARRHEA" and the commercial had a family running from their bedrooms to the john.

So at the end of the read through the horn player asks the arranger if he can play a pedal tone on the last note; the arranger asks what that would sound like and out comes this huge fart sound. So the bass player says he's playing "down and loose" and untunes his string and gives it a slap.

Now we can't get through a take without someone laughing which is funny at first but pretty soon we are approaching overtime. The arranger asks everyone to bite their lip and put this thing down. We all sit up straight and repeat, "I will not laugh, I will not laugh" and we perform the most constipated version of the William Tell I've ever heard.

Oh well, I am off to my Dallas Seminar this weekend.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

http://www.robertbonfiglio.com