Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Harp 101 @ The Jazz School

Hi all,

a half year ago Damien Masterson wrote:

Hey All,

On a more harmonic note - For all of you who live in or know harmonica players in the San Francisco Bay Area, there's some good news:

Chromatic Harmonica Lessons @ THE JAZZSCHOOL in Berkeley, Ca...

   Starting next Tuesday, April 10th will be my first day of class,
teaching Chromatic Harmonica 101, from 4:45pm-6:15pm.  The class will  run
for 10 weeks.

I'm very honored to have been asked by the Jazz School to teach the
Chromatic Harmonica. I made it clear I didn't want to
teach Blues Harp and that I wanted to approach the class as a serious musical endeavor,
with theory, reading and the likes. It should be very interesting, and hopefully it can
turn into a renaissance of the instrument!

Link: http://www.jazzschool.com/html/classes_harmonica.html

I remembered this message today and visited the homepage, but I found this:

Faculty
Damien Masterson

Regrettably, this class has been cancelled

now, this is certainly much frustrating for Damien.

Why was it cancelled? Not enough students, no interest in chromatic harmonica and jazz, too much fees or what else could have been the reason?

Thanks and greetings,

Otto