[Harp-L] Re: Chris Jones & Steve Baker on youtube (Robert Paparozzi)

So I'm at SPAH eating lunch with Steve Baker an Chris Jones - they go into Monty Python sketches and know all of them word for word with the accents!!! I had a long talk with Steve Baker in Taiwan and he is not the same without Chris; tough when you've worked together so long.

I had done a bunch of Concerti with Bruce Ferden and then recorded my Romance CD on RCA with him. I knew he was the guy with whom I was going to record the major works for harmonica and orchestra. He did the Phillip Glass Opera at the Metropolitan Opera and died of AIDS shortly after that. I never found someone to take his place.

Life is not always fair; a lot of great musicians die young.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com