RE: [Harp-L] Blues Harp CD's

I would add Billy Branch & Kenny Neal's 2004 release- "Double Take" and
Bobby Rush's latest album- RAW.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 12:10 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Blues Harp CD's

I'm limiting myself to one lp per artist in order to avoid filling up
the list with Canned Heat
and Taj Mahal.  But these are the lp's I used to teach myself to play,
in order of importance to
my personal progress.

1. Jug Band Music (Mel Lyman w/ Jim Kweskin & The Jug Band).
2. The Real Folk Blues (Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee)
3. Canned Heat
4. Taj Mahal
5. Fathers & Sons (Paul Butterfield)

My style was pretty much set by those lps.   By the time I heard
Mayall's "Turning Point", J.Geils
and Seigel-Schwall, I was already set in my own ways.