[Harp-L] cleaning contaminated harps question

Re: How to clean harmonicas caught in a flood.  That is a really good question and I'm curious about other people's answers.  My answer is to make an insurance claim for them.  Most people consider a harmonica a disposable instrument that gets replaced when it is so much as blown flat.  The only people that work on harmonicas are the ones who care about how they are set up.  Techs charge good money to work on them.  It takes a lot of skill and luck to plane and seal a warped comb.  I don't know how you  would save the reeds and plates from rust.  You have a loss there even if you do decide to use the damaged harps for fixer-uppers!