Re: [Harp-L] Jimmie Rodgers and Gwen Foster

Dave;
          I haven't found that one yet. Do you have it on CD or is it online. Can only find a CD listing on the Juneberry site. Sounds like a pretty standard blues line to me: Let me be your: Liitle wheel/ Little dog etc etc.
         That Juneberry site is pretty hard to navigate.
Cheers,
RD

>>> "Dave Payne Sr." <payneoutdoors@xxxxxxxxx> 1/10/2007 10:24 >>>
I just listened to Sideline Blues with Clarence Ashley (sounded like him singing anyway) and Gwen Foster on some excellent cross harp from the 20s. Anybody notice it's almost exactly the same song as "let me be your sidetrack" Jimmie Rodgers recorded later?

  Not to take anything away from Jimmie, but he was always scrambling for verses, since Peer had him recording as much stuff as possible before Jimmie died.

Dave Payne Sr.
Harmonicas and music lessons
P.O. Box 3822
Parkersburg WV 26103