[Harp-L] cleaning contaminated harps question

Listers:

  Our house was flooded about 4 weeks ago with a combination of sewage and creek water. We had 3 feet of water in the house. Unfortunately all of my harps (except 4) were in a case that was on the floor under all the water for 3 days.

  I had to throwawa the case as well as all the individual cases for the harps. My question (and probably a dumb one) is this: Can any of these harps be saved?  Can they be cleaned and seralizeed so I don't get some dreaded disease from playing them?  Or, should I just throwo them all away?

  I had in this collection harps with wooden combs, some with plastic combs and 1 Suzuki Promaster valved (metal comb) harp.

  If any of you have thoughts on the above, please post to the list or to my email address t_stuckert@xxxxxxxxx

  Thanks

  Tom
  Findlay, OH