Re: [Harp-L] re: addiction and harmonica's

I've watched this thread for a  while but didn't feel compelled to post about
it until now. I feel very bad  about anybody losing their life because of
addiction, having dealt with it in my  own life. Coming up as a musician starting
in 69, I have seen addiction take the  lives of a lot of talented people.
Alcohol took the life of one of my best  friends about 8 years ago. He was one of
the best guitar players I ever had the  pleasure to work with. We wrote a
couple of really good songs together and when  it came to jammin' off of the cuff
he had no equal. He just couldn't control  what happened when he drank, and
it killed him.

         There was a time in  my life where my addiction dictated what
harmonica's I would buy. I found out  about Big River harps because I didn't have
enough money to buy 4 SP 20's and  the drugs I needed to get through a gig, BUT,
I had enough to buy Big  River's AND the drugs. So I found out the hard way
that Big River's were  pretty good harps.

      This is really hard for me to write but I  feel like I have to. I work
with addicts now myself, and see success and  failure come and go. I quit some
years ago, but I still have to quit every day  to keep it that way for me.
Addiction is a daily struggle for life, I help  whenever I can, and grieve when
I have to. I'd much rather help, but sometimes I  don't get that chance.

          Randy

    BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 10/1/2007 7:52:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,