[Harp-L] Re: Home P.A.

Ok, I had my jazz jam/party today and thanks to the tips received here, and another trick of my
own, I was able to get a VERY nice sound out of the "Home Stereo P.A.".   The group consisted of
baby grand piano, flugelhorn, drums, percussion (all unmiked),  Fender electric bass, two or three
electric guitars (mildly amplified), and Mike Polesky on amplified chromatic harmonica.

First I tried a dynamic mike very similar to a Shure 58 > impedance converter > cheap Radio Shack
mixer > 100 watt home stereo > bookshelf speakers w/ subwoofer.   Even with everything turned up
all the way it still really wasn't quite loud enough.  But then I inserted a Danelectro Dan-Echo
Digital Delay in front of the Radio Shack mixer and turned the mix level on the mixer up to max
with all the other settings turned way down and the hi-lo cut switch flipped to lo.  Not only did
that give the microphone a nice little boost, but it also added just the right taste of reverb to
the vocal.   The vocal level with the band was perfect!  Much better than singing through a crummy
guitar amp.   If anybody wants to hear the result let me know and I'll post a soundclip.