[Harp-L] Bose PA (the one with cylinder "tower")

B. Boggs said:
  The Guitar Center tech said it won't project sound well above seven  feet
so any venues with upper balconies would be a weak point in the Bose  system.

Iceman replied:
  I've posted a lot of info on this very subject, using the BOSE PAS  for the
last 2 years in all types of situations. Refer to the archives  -

I've read everything that has been posted on Harp-L about the  BOSE PAS
system.  I know Iceman raves about them.  The only negative I  ever remember
hearing about them is that they are not suited to very large  concert hall type
venues - but then even Iceman has used two  sucessfully,iirc.   But i don't ever
remember reading about the system  not projecting well above 7 feet.  I'm not a
prospective buyer and am  not gonna go into a time consuming search of the
archives.  Any  comments at least re the projection limit?
  Last week a musician told me that a Bose non-employee  rep/salesperson told
him that the newer L2 PAS systems are less versatile  than the older L1.  His
understanding of the  reason is because Bose wants every musician to have one
(as if they  have less inputs, I'm not sure if this is true); with the older
L2, several  musicians could use the same system more readily (not sure if
that's true  either).
ron