[Harp-L] Memory

From: Roger A Gonzales <gonz1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Creativity
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

>  I wonder what players will be remembered for their music twenty
> years from now.

I will be remembererd twenty years from now.  I will be remembered by
my family, my
students who play
harmonica and my students that take music classes in the three
elementary schools I teach,
my community in
which I played for, the wonderful people of music I have been so
fortunate to work with and
the list goes on
and on.

This scenario goes for everyone on this list.  ALL OF YOU will be
remembered some how,
some way by the
people whose lives you touch with your music.  The coolest thing about
creativity and playing
is that everyone
has a chance to make a difference.  Whether that difference is a
positive or negative
difference is up to all of us.

Someone who makes a positive difference will leave a lasting impression
which will last much
longer than
twenty years while the negative impression left will long be forgotten.

As I am typing this I am listening to NPR show about Michael Brecker
and the lasting
impression he made on his
contemporaries.  Pat Methany and Herbie Hancock, and others are
speaking about how he
made this lasting
impression on them because of his creativity.

Herbie just said of Michael brecker, "he inspired my creativity with
his own."  Enough said...

regards,
Roger Gonzales
Fresno, CA.

  You got it!.
  And because music touches the heart, the performer has a chance to sow a garden with beauty and not cultivate animosity and rancor.
  It's a choice,
  Brian

  "We live on the kindness of others."