Re: [Harp-L] What is the minimum blues band?

I'm not trying to disagree with  anything said here in your post Winslow, I
just wanted to relate that I was  going down the road Thursday night and went
past a place that has a good PA and  stage set up and I see that there is
somebody playin'. I got about 3 or 4 miles  down the road when I was hit with the
thought to go back and check it out, so I  did. I had been to the place before
shooting pool and noticed the PA and stage  so I figured it might be cool. I
walked in as the guitar player was starting a  blues tune, which he did with a
harp on a rack. It was just a guitar and a  bass with a girlfriend that sang
every once in a while. They were pretty good so  I stayed for a couple of songs
and when they took a break I got into a  conversation with the guitar player.
One thing led to another as I told him  about my 9 string and showed it to
him. He asked me to play a song I had written  while we were outside takin' a
smoke break. He loved the guitar, said I had a  good voice and asked did I
really play harp and I said yea but I don't have any  on me. "Play mine dude, I got
14 brand new ones". Long story short, he had 14  brand new Blues Harps and we
ripped the rest of the night. When I went on we  started out with Wang Dang
Doodle and I never left the stage. I didn't even  notice the bass player really
he stayed out of the way so much, I guess that  means he's pretty good. It
was a great night. I hadn't played wooden combed  harps in at least 30 years or
so and I enjoyed them, but I wouldn't switch from  the Special 20's. It just
so happened that I had on my Hohner T shirt that night  too. So now I have to
decide if I want to do the blues gig I was offered (full  band) Friday night
and then drive all the way to Erie to do the gig I have  Saturday night there,
it's about 400 miles. Serendipity is a hell of a  thing 'aint it?
          Randy
     BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 5/26/2007 12:15:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,