RE: [Harp-L] Re: Lynwood Slim

Richard "Lynwood Slim" Duran is indeed from Lynwood, CA. In the mid 70s when the LA Blues scene was a tough row to hoe Slim moved to Minneapolis because he had heard of its promising Blues scene. He moved back to LA in the late 1980s.
Ryan

From: "jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
I'm curious how he got the name "Lynwood". I suppose there are more than a few towns called
Lynwood, but in Southern California Lynwood is well known as a South-Central low middle class
black/hispanic neighborhood adjunct to Compton and Watts. Weird Al Yankovic was one of the few
white boys to actually grow up in Lynwood so he has the right to call his latest album is
"Straight Outta Lynwood". But why is a white Minnesotan named "Lynwood Slim"?

PC Magazine?s 2007 editors? choice for best Web mail?award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507