[Harp-L] bangin thru a modern bass rig

Chris M advised trying to play through your bassist's rig some time. I
have to second that. I did that a while back in my buddy's Galen
Krueger - into a 2x10 coupled to a 1x15... and MAAAAAAAAN!!! Why
bother with all the 'specialty' stuff? I was seriously impressed at
how well the signal was carried from my rig. Amazing.

Of course, it's a matter of personal taste - but if you want to
deliver some monster tone at levels that can blow cars off the road -
sure - go for it.

I have another buddy that was using 400 watt rigs to play harp through
- back in the day - and he'd tell you most emphatically, that if you
need to play that loud... find another band. It goes to the tinitus
thing, and hearing loss... so while I have to chime in and give that
"yeah, me too" on the playing through your bassist's rig, please, use
good judgement (preferably while sober) and don't go deaf.

For me - last night, I used that ART V3 again, but at another venue -
I'm still satisfied. One briefcase. Easy load in, easy load out...
more time to schmooze and booze. Life is good.