Re: [Harp-L] Amplifying the acoustic sound Live

<<how best to capture acoustic style diatonic playing WITHOUT cupping  the
microphone both live and in the studio.>>

Just a shade off topic, and perhaps not:

I'm mainly an acoustic player. I do alot of different kinds of hand flutters for different kinds of vibratos when I'm playing live.

Almost none of them work the same way in front of a studio mic. Where I cup my harp hand and cover it and uncover it completely with the other when playing live, I find I get the same effect in the studio by never covering the cupped hand much at all, and just moving my free hand back and forth about an inch.

I don't know if this has been anyone else's experience, but a full on cupped vibrato sounds totally wrong to me when recorded.