Re: [Harp-L] Who U-blocks

I don't want to start some big controversy on here...but, I have a theory
that little walter was u-blocking.  In fact, in his biography, joe lee bush,
who met walter, said that is how walter taught him how to play.  Joe bush is
in our harp club in atlanta.  We have had conversations about it.  In our
recent Mark Hummel workshop here, Hummel also said that besides using
octaves and other tongue effects, he though little walter was actually
puckering/lip pursing.  Personally, I think it is u-blocking...you can still
have good tone doing this.  I think of it as a compromise between puckering
and tongue blocking. BUT, I could be totally wrong on this.  I don't want to
start some big controversy on here.  You are welcome to argue with me on
this...