Re: [Harp-L] Re: Zen Harmonica (Be here now)

In a message dated 5/16/2007 4:39:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I  remember wondering about what makes some performers "compelling," and
thinking that at least part of it is being really present (here/now) to
the song/tune (and the audience and other performers if there are
any).  I suspect that extreme presence (for lack of a better term)is
felt by the audience (not in some ESP way, but in the subtleties -- or
not so subtleties --  of the performer's behavior). And I wonder if
extreme presence is contagious and appreciated -- hence cmpelling. The
whole group is invited to be extremely present together.  Maybe  that's
what (and it goes way back with our species) performance art, group
ritual and even sporting "events" are about -- and sometimes it works!
And the event is "compelling." YMMV.

Wanna hear an example of performers being "compelling"? The whole group
being extremely present together? Creating a compelling musical event?

Listen to
King Sunny Ade and his African Beats "Live Live JuJu" CD. 1998  Rykodisc
RCD10047

It'll blow your mind.

The Iceman