[Harp-L] Re: Zen Harmonica (Be here now, etc.)

"BHN" is one of my wife's and my little reminders.  The moment is, after all, where it's at. Now.  (Oh, sure learn from the past, plan for the future, but: BHN!)

Speaking of spiritual stuff, and music, there's the chant, "I devote my life to the mystic laws of cause and effect through sound."

I think it means putting out vibes, here literally sound waves, into the air, to generate and distribute the same energy sent, hopefully "good vibes"!    I dig it, although I'm no adherent to Nichiren Soshu Buddhism, a japanese sect, memebrs of whom daily say this, the infamous "nam yo-ho reng-yay kyo."

And hey, baba Ram Dass was a cool guy, didn't take himself as seriously as his acolytes did.  He once had a band with him called Captain Karma and the (?  don't recall), funny and talented.  But no harp player, I think.

Alan Watts was pretty cool, too, Pacifica Radio has an enormous library of his stuff. But he didn't play harp, either.

-Dave "thankful to be an atheist harp player" Fertig