[Harp-L] Rostropovich

Sunnyside wrote:

>Rostropovich, who I interwied for my news agency in Berlin, confessed
>that he practised between three and five hours a day. And he was in in his
>sixties then.

I once read that, even in his seventies, Mstislav Rostropovich practiced at least five hours a day. One of his students asked him something along the lines of "Maestro, you already play so beautifully, the world acknowledges you as one of the greatest cellists of all time, you have now reached an advanced age, why do you still practice so much?" He replied, "But I think I'm getting better!"

George