Re: [Harp-L] effects question

Hi Brad -

In my experience, most effect boxes color the sound at least to some degree even in 'bypass' mode. Some are cleaner than others. I believe there are some elegant but expensive solutions out there (I don't remember the brand, but I did bump into something on the internet a year or so back that was basically a pedal-driven patch bay) or you could do something with a couple of a/b boxes (not so elegant). I'll often give up on an effect I really like just to get rid of the coloration or extraneous noise in bypass mode -- the more effects you have in line, the worse things tend to get. It's generally a drag, but for each effect to provide a true bypass is probably not cost-effective and, apparently, folks don't mind enough to stop buying them.

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com

BradKava@xxxxxxx wrote:
I'm playing through a Victoria 5112 (modeled on Fender Deluxe 1957) and using Hughes and Kettner Rotovibe, which says it has a bypass, but i can tell it is still coloring the sound, even off... and a danelectro delay, which also milks tone (not the updated one..I heard Ron isn't doing the mod anymore?)..

questions: 1) is there a bypass you can buy that will stop the effects of the effects when you don't want them. and no, this doesn't have an effects loop.

brad