RE: [Harp-L] Can I play minor songs on the major harps?

Brad,

Please don't apologize for playing anything. I think it is way cool that you
have the talent to pull off the Tull riffs and that your band is open mined
enough to let you do it. One of my biggest beefs is this concept that
certain things are below the "serious" harp player's radar screen. A great
example is the ridiculous argument that playing Mustang Sally is a disgrace
for "serious" players. We are entertainers first and foremost in 99% of the
gigs we play. My guess is that when you play Tull on harp eyes get wider and
people dig the bad-ass sound that your tin-sandwich puts out. Rock on
brother, rock on.

I am finally serious about putting together my solo project. I am not just
gonna play the blues or stereotypical harp stuff all the way through. My
initial set list will include: Dylan, The Beatles, Sonny & Cher, Jan Hammer,
Americana, Tom Petty, Paul Simon, War, The Stones and more. Think Little
Walter meets Mitch Miller! People love to hear familiar tunes that they know
the words to. This makes them feel included not excluded. The show takes
place in the whole room, not just on stage. That's how I figure it anyway.
Every man/woman needs to pick their own poison.

Warren Bee on a Mission