Re: [Harp-L] Blues Jam Harmonicas

Dear Craig,

  It's always a good idea to have all 12 harps with you.  Granted, certain keys are needed rarely, but you can rest easy knowing that you're prepared.  The downside is putting the money into harps that rarely get used.  The upside is that they won't wear out.

  It is certainly possible to play 2nd position in minor (others will likely reply with the details.  I can't remember exactly which notes to avoid)  I personally rely heavily on 3rd position for minor key stuff.

  Dan G.

"Broussard, Craig" <Craig.Broussard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Besides major keys that I have A, Bb, C, D, F, and G what are some other
harp keys that I should carry to a blues jam? Should I get a couple of
minor harps? If so which ones? Can I play minor songs on the major
harps?
Any enlightenment on the subject is much appreciated.
Thanks,