[Harp-L] Re: Rod Piazza

I had a nice conversation last year with Rod Piazza about harmonica and his life as a working
musician.  Rod's attitude is that he does not play for himself.  And he certainly doesn't play for
other harmonica players.  His ONLY focus is on giving his customers a "good time."   If that means
playing the same lick at the same point in a song night after night after night, then that's what
he'll do.   I don't have a problem with that.   I'm sure if he was in a jam situation  he'd play
with a lot more freedom and spontanaeity.   Hopefully I'll get a chance to experience that first
hand on the upcoming Blues Cruise to the Mexican Riviera this October with Taj Mahal, Lee Oskar,
Curtis Salgado, and Rod jamming every night with Elvin Bishop, Bobby Rush, John Lee Hooker Jr.,
Marcia Ball and Tommy Castro.