[Harp-L] Rockers in the Rockies

I wanted to express my thanks to Jason Ricci, Chris Michalek, and Michael
Rubin for their excellent instruction and encouragement at the conference
this weekend.  I had a great time meeting and playing with them and Paul
Davies and Ron Shellist, our special guest instructors.

Each of the instructors brought their own passions to the mix and I learned
something important from each.  Here's what I'm grateful for:

Jason and Brady:  Thanks for getting the whole thing going and encouraging
such an open and helpful environment.  The jam with the band was very
special because of the feedback from each band member after the student's
performance.

Michael:  Thanks for the encouragement and demonstration of some excellent
techniques and honest review of my playing.  You're an excellent teacher!

Chris:  My most memorable moment was hearing firsthand how excellent tone
and vibrato is possible on all of the chromatic notes, blow,draw,
bent,Oblow, Odraw.  Thanks Chris!  This one bit of understanding has changed
the way I will approach the instrument!

Paul:  Thanks for bringing the world of "old timey" music a little  closer
to our world.   Plus all
of the encourgement to expand my world of music.

Ronnie:  Your quote about how students should approach the event was right
on!  You challenged each one to have: An open mind, Enthusiasm, and
Persistance.  Wow, that about says it all.  Your attitude and playing show
that you understand how to work hard and achieve excellence!

Thanks to all the "Rockers" who made the weekend special for me!   Keep in
touch!

Dick Anderson
Loveland, Co