Re: [Harp-L] New or used gear

I like Fender amps too, for harmonica...

I have a couple of Fender Blues Deluxe amps... 40 watt 1x12"... Also a
Fender Bassman 120 Watt top that I use with two 2x12" cabs... That  is an excellent
amp, but prone to feed back problems.

Sadly all 3 amps are prone to mains hum. Useless for recording.
But for 25 years I ran a Vox Supreme..  A true 100 watt (listed as  200watt)
solid state amp with two 2x12" speakers... 100% reliable for  THOUSANDs of
gigs... (dating from about 1967)
It was very very good, with built in effects. And doesn't hum!
But it wore out..
I had it serviced but it's never sounded ok since.
Tube amps, on the whole, sound better for harmonica than solid state
amplifiers. (In my opinion).

BUT... A good "Tranny" amp can also deliver the goods.

I guess the best thing is before buying an amplifier TRY IT OUT.

With your favourite mic!

Best wishes,
John "White Boy" Walden
London