RE: [Harp-L] Real creativity

Howard Levy certainly was the first to come to my mind, but he walks on water so it's hard to find supernatural company for him. The other names you mentioned are all good suggestions. A couple I'd add to the blues category are Kim Wilson and Gary Primich.

-----Original Message-----
From: rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rmcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sun 5/6/2007 4:01 PM
To: Barnum, Ansel (Ansel)
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Real creativity

> So my question is: Where is the *real* creativity?
--If you're talking about diatonic harmonica, there are any number of
fresh and exciting players around, and I'm sure I'm unaware of many, but I
will point you towards [of course] the greatest diatonic player in the
world, Howard Levy, and as Smoky Joe said, Jason Ricci, and Chris
Michalek, and Roscoe with "Maybe August"...I also think Dennis Gruenling
is a great player who, while throughly traditional, plays in a fresh,
creative way...maybe you'd want to check out Bill Barrett, who while a
chromatic player brings much of the sound of the diatonic to his
playing.And there are doubtless many other players like that around that I
don't know of.
WVa Bob

 Who are the musicians