[Harp-L] Midnight Mojo (featuring Jon Gindick)

Here's a review of the band Jon Gindick's in, I'm a huge fan of Jon's, if not a big consumer of his workshops and books, and I'm pleased to see him practice what he's been preaching for - what, like 30 years?  So if the review seems cloying and uncritical, well, I just loved what they did, so sue me!  I'll settle for a seat at Mojo's next gig.
 L.A. blues band Midnight Mojo=s got it workin= !
     The band Midnight Mojo played at Club Fais Do Do in L.A. Thursday night May 3, kickin= out a full set of blues originals and classic covers, with lots of heart and energy, making great music and good vibes in an intimate venue.   The band was both tight and spontaneous, with a flowing ease that comes from years of practice and love of the music.
     Midnight Mojo is Jon Gindick on harp & vocals, Mark Bogerri on guitar & vocals, Dave Shaw on guitar & vocals, Dave Myers on drums, and Manny Lopez on the ever-funky P-bass.
     Jon Gindick, (the Jonny Appleseed of blues harp), belted Rice Miller=s AKeep It To Ourselves@ and Charles Browns= ADriftin= and Driftin=,@ while proving heartfelt harp never dies, it just floats you away.
     The electric Mark Bogerri became Willie Dixon=s AHoochie Koochie Man,@ and both he and the masterful Dave Shaw played searing, soulful guitars throughout the set, with the whole band weaving their sounds together very nicely.
     Dave Shaw sang his own, ADidn=t Sign Up for This,@ a timeless protest song.   Throughout the set Midnight Mojo=s rhythm section held the groove with Dave Myers fairly frolicking on the drums and Manny Lopez cheerfully laying down a bass line Stax would be proud of.
     They closed the set with Jon singing a bring-down-the-house version of Slim Harpo=s Hip Shake, a la Billy Boy Arnold, and the joint was rockin=!
     The guys of Midnight Mojo have so much fun it=s infectious!  Go get a dose of Mojo - and don=t wait >til Midnight!
     -Dave Fertig
     See these links for more info: http://www.midnightmojomusic.com/index.cfm
   http://www.faisdodo.com/ , http://gindick.com/ , http://www.trac8music.com/index.cfm