From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of drori hammer
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 9:58 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Hetrick carrying cases

Hi -
  About 2 months ago I purchased a harmonica carrying case from Hetrick and,
after having given it some "mileage" I thought I`d share my opinion with the
list. Before, I had the Fender tweed case, and was Ok with it (I used it for
close to 10 years), but the Hetrick case has really solved a lot of onstage
problems for me. The seperate niches for each harp make it very neat and
easy to locate the desired harp even in midsong on a semi-dark stage (after
labeling the harp-ends), instead of fumbeling around trying to remember
where the @#$% I tossed it before ... Being smaller in size but at the same
time taller (from top to bottom) makes the Hetrick case more stable onstage,
reducing the risk of it being accidently knocked over (which did happen from
time to time). Obviously that the added space (mine holds 30 diatonics, 2
chromatics and a 14-hole Marine band) means that I can easily take all my
spare harps and alternate-tuned ones. It is lightweight and comftorble to
carry,
 as well as rugged - and even kinda cool looking! I am really pleased with
this case.I should also mention that the guys who make this case were really
nice and helpful while I pestered them with many questions and changes, and
custom-designed the case to my specifications.
  If I was to be nitpicking, Id say i was a bit disappointed that after they
promised my name engraved on the case I expected that to look more
impressive - the "Hetrick " logo is very big, while my name appears in very
small letters - but overall I am really glad I bought it.
  I will state for the record that I have no affiliation with "Hetrick", no
buisiness or personal connection to them - just a satisfied customer
  Dov Hammer
  Tel Aviv, Israel
  www.dovhammer.com