Re: [Harp-L] Re: Art Tube MP

I recently bought an ART Tube MP preamp just because it was so cheap at Musician's Friend. I figured I could use it for recording voice, but I guess now I'll have to try it with harp. I have a Harp Commander, too, so maybe one day I'll get around to comparing them. Though the Harp Commander sure does everything I need it to do.
Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
a fool for the harp in Minnesota

-----Original Message----- From: jpmcbride@xxxxxxxxx To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wed, 2 May 2007 20:01:53 -0700 (PDT) Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Art Tube MP

I had an Art Tube MP but almost never used it, and eventually sold it. I
originally bought it thinking I would use it to get tube distortion straight
into the PA without having to carry an amp around. It can do this but I found
the sound much too bright for harmonica. It definitely needed a tone adjustment
to kill the high end. My impression is that it was made for vocals and the highs
and mids were emphasized - exactly the opposite of what's needed for harp.
Perhaps if you put some other effect in series that had a tone adjustment, or if
you cut back the highs on the PA you might get a nice sound out of it.

 Jim McBride
 www.bottle-o-blues.com