[Harp-L] Harp Keys....

As long as they are in tune and reasonably air tight I haven't met a
standard diatonic harp I didn't like. The only exception was that Steve
Baker Special in A that I bought last year but then again that isn't a
standard diatonic anyway!

I find great joy in the "crispness" of the D's, E's, F's & high G's and I
can also embrace with joy the "depth" of the lower keys, especially the low
D's, Eb's & F's. The 364 Marine Bands in C a lower octave down are great fun
too!

I can see why people like the Bb. The first Sonny & Brownie album I bought
had a lot of Bb in 2nd position. There is certain warmth in the Bb. And as
has been discussed it lies just below the middle of the pack of the standard
12 keys. If I had to pick one for the desert island I think it would be an
Ab. That seems to be my favorite as of late for playing by myself and not
accompanying something else.

I recently bought one of those 42 slot harp cases from Hetrick. It is
awesome! I now have it stocked full with what I consider the optimum
assortment to be prepared for any gig with back-ups for the most important
keys in case of blowouts. Here is what's inside:

One of each of the (12) Lee Oskar Natural Minor keys.

The rest are all Special 20's: 2- Ab, 3-A, 2-Bb, 1-B, 3-C, 2-Db, 1-low D,
3-D, 2-Eb, 1-low Eb, 1-E, 3-F, 1-low F, 1-F#, 3-G, 1-high G.

"My name is Warren Bee and I am a harpaholic"