Re: [Harp-L] ....meditations on the Bb diatonic

Bob said:
<<But I still wonder,,what IS it about Bb? Is there something  naturally
resonant about that key's physical characteristics?>>

Answer yes... Or perhaps it is the key of "F" that seems so resonant,
(second position on a Bb harmonica.)

Then Bob said:
<<I'm beginning to think that EVERY key is good,>>

Again yes.
A tune will sound VERY different depending on the key it is played  in.
I know that sounds obvious.

But the great classical composers knew a thing or two about keys.â For
example, Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C Minor Op. 67  (for  example)
would sound very different if played in any other key.

Best wishes,
John Walden
London
England