[Harp-L] Seydel,,to meditations on the Bb diatonic

In a message dated 5/1/2007 8:06:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bob  writes,
and the comments without the > arrow are mine:

> This reminds me of the recent negative comments about the key of F (C
cross harp).

Hmm, i missed that thread.  In a nutshell, what was the  concensus?  I have a
few F harps that seem to be tuned quite  sharp.

> Personally, I like my F harp just fine. I didn't always, but  I think  I've
broken it in enough, where before, it may not have been quite  AS responsive,
out of the box.

Bob, i believe that harps needing breaking in is another myth that has  been
explained a few times on this list.

> I'm beginning to think  that EVERY key is good, if it's been set up well
enough to properly reflect the  player's natural playing style.

That's my take on it.

> This  makes me think, again, that I should learn more about tweaking my
harps. I want  them ALL to play as "well" as "my favorite key".

U might want to get  Rupert Oysler's Harp Repair and Maintenance disc
(available at  harprepair.com).  My harps are certainly better off for it.
ron