Re: [Harp-L] Further reflections on a "favorite key"

Which poses the question, again, disregarding the brand,,

,,why a Bb as your first choice?

It's my first choice too...probably because all the great Little Walter tunes used a Bb harp so that sound is in my head. Also, it's not too low, not too high and sounds just right for harmonica. G sounds too low, D starts to get a little high. They all sound great when played right, but Bb seems to be just right for the instrument.

Tom