Re: [Harp-L] death of live music?

Here in San Antonio it is hard to play Blues and make much money or play very often.

But I can tell you I get calls almost every day wanting to book my band as we play what peoplewant to hear and can dance to, old rock and roll, a sprinkle of country and the ever popular Jimmy Buffett Music. We play as much as anybody here and are paid very well. I love playing this type of music and the response from all age groups is awesome. The bottom line is we play what the audience wants to hear and not necessilary what we would like to play. I sell real estate for a living and was told by an older person in the business when I first started "If you can't sell them what you want, sell them what they want". This also works for playing live music. It isn't very complicated, play what they want to hear and you will stay busy.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
www.texastide.com