Re: [Harp-L] Re: death of live music?

Jonathan Metts wrote:
> There are some incredible exceptions to this rule,
> however, and in my limited experience, these innovative musicians do
> indeed
> pull in younger audiences who are enthusiastic about the music and the
> live
> experience.
---I'm not sure if this is what I'm seeing; Jason Ricci plays fairly
frequently in my area and I don't see many young people at his shows...but
I do think there is something to what you're saying.  Maybe blues and jazz
tend to be played by older musicians, and maybe many young people want to
hear music played by other young people???
   Having said that, I don't live in a college town, or a town with a
vibrant youth scene of any kind. Question for those who do live in such
areas, and more to the point, question for the younger folks on this
list: what is the live music scene like for younger bands and players?
WVa Bob