[Harp-L] repeated messages

Ok, here's what is going on with all of these duplicates.  It's a Yahoo
problem.  I'll quote Yahoo's explanation below.  What does Yahoo have to
do with harp-l?  Well besides being able to read harp-l in a web based
format if you are clever you can also post from there.  Web based posts in
a certain time frame got duplicated and consequently they kept posting to
harp-l. Yahoo claims the bug has been fixed and I've deleted most if not
all of the duplicates from the Yahoo archive.  The official harp-l archive
has not been altered.  I'm beginning to think the Yahoo mirror is more
trouble than it is worth in that virtually all confusion regarding posting
and archives stems from these separate but not in sync entities.  The
harptab archive was also a culprit in confusion recently.  Just remember
if it's not hosted at www.harp-l.org or www.harp-l.com it's not us and we
don't really support the services.  Yahoo's explanation is below this
line, fjm harp-l-listowner

Update (8:00 am PST, 3/29): A fix was pushed at midnight (Pacific Time)
that we believe has resolved the problem for messages submitted after that
time. However, it is possible that some users of some groups may have
continued to receive duplicates of messages that were posted before
midnight.
We're aware of the duplicate message bug that began affecting groups today
(Wednesday, March 28th) and are working to resolve the issue (a side
effect of this bug is that some messages are also being delayed). We have
actually pushed two fixes already, but we are aware that some groups are
still experiencing the problem and that more needs to be done to fully
resolve the issue.

There is, however, one silver lining to this bug. It was the result of our
latest system updates intended to improve email delivery speeds. So once
the bugs are resolved, we should see a significant reduction in the time
it takes to deliver messages to Yahoo! Groups members.

We will update this blog entry as soon as we have more definitive
information on the status of this issue.

Thank you and our apologies for any inconvenience caused by the duplicate
messages.