Re: Re: Re: [Harp-L] steel reeds

Garry Hodgson wrote:
> wood comb afficianodos might be put off by a plastic comb, but
> those who prefer plastic are probably ok with a sealed wood comb.

I suppose now we need to have a protracted "steel vs. brass" reed
materials debate.  Maybe Vern could make a pre-emptive strike
against a difference, sparking a whole slew of emotional posts
and "me-too" responses, then the "tastes great/less filling"
arguments...

I'm personally hoping that Seydel was forward-thinking enough to
make these new plates in a standard size and layout that can be
incorporated into their other models.  I'd buy one for the reed
plates, then swap them with a model that has a plastic or metal comb
and full-length covers (of course, retuning it Paddy Richter, and
tempering the intonation to equal) ;-)

Speaking of intonation, anyone know how the 1847 is intoned?  Rupert?

-tim