RE: RE: [Harp-L] Them custom harps ...

Well it worked the first time he played it, so my point was that maybe
during that first session, toward the end or something, something stuck
in the reed and got lodged, or it was soft/mushy then but dried/hardened
when the first session ended and hence stuck the reed during the down
time. Sorry for the graphic description folks.

Or, it could have been as simple as a piece of lint got in there if it
was put in a pocket, or one of those fibers that are in the Fender
"mississipi saxophone" type harp cases
(http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0991003000) that are
popular (and I don't like because of the fiber/hair material on the
inside can do exactly this). Or, perhaps it was just played too hard -
which is why we keep saying here that newbies shouldn't get custom harps
because they are prone to do just that (not saying that Bob is a
newbie!!). If your theory about the embossing is true it could have been
the hard playing that pulled the reed into the slot and stuck it there.
Would have to have been on the last incident of that note played to not
have caught it right then in the first session though. Hmm - Bill and
Garry - Harp CSI.

But yeah, I can feel his pain, he just needs to discuss it with the
customizer (after taking the covers off and inspecting the reeds to
avoid embarrassment and cost of shipping a harp back with a cracker
stuck in the reed :^)

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA