[Harp-L] I'm not a blues player...

...but I can sometimes pass for one here in Vermont. As some of you know, I mainly play acoustic jazz standards and Latin music. But since the dissolution of my band, Cosa Buena, the calls I have been getting have been to play amplified blues.

My second time out with the Dave Keller Band was at a club in Bradford, Vermont called the Middle Earth Music Hall. The owner videotaped the show and put a couple of the songs up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOnAIRsYT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX707Lv-dDQ

As you can see, I'm learning the songs as we're playing them, which I do not recommend. But people danced and clapped, Dave Keller hired me again, we all had fun, and I got paid, so it couldn't have come off too badly. Now I might have a future if Johnny Bishop would only stay on his side of the Connecticut River!

George