Re: [Harp-L] William Clarke's SM-57 mic (enough irreverence!)

Just so there's no misunderstanding. I don't believe in using items from deceased legends. I know there are people who feel that owning a piece of a legend makes them closer TO the legend. Maybe they feel that a bit of aura or a mystique or maybe some dna will rub off on them.

I (personally) just my opinion, you understand, cringe. It's just not my thing. In the case of personal items. That would be items that someone actually breathed their LIFE into. I couldn't use such an item.

I couldn't breathe THEIR life. It's not irreverence. It's just the opposite.

That's MY quirk, any one else is free to do as they wish. I buy my stuff new. I don't want any ghosts. I live in a new home. I don't want any ghosts. If any of you were a harmonica player and left your entire kit near me at a gig, the LAST thing you would have to worry about is me stealing your stuff. Saint happenin.

For the last few years of his life, I was friends with a Jerry Murad. When he passed away, Alyce would have let me have anything I wanted. I told her all I wanted was to remember Jerry as he was on the last day I saw him (which was only 3 days previous).

smo-joe