Re: [Harp-L] The Reed Issue

Well, sales figures is always an issue. The roughness
of the grinding tool determines the depth of sracthes
and thus the fatigue of the reed. It would be no
significant cost to add one or two more polishing
discs to make the raw material smooth from which the
reeds are stamped out. But this would perhaps increase
the lifetime and lead to drop in sales. Everyone sells
things which are just about "sellable". If they sell
too good they will either increase price, or lower
costs which results in lower quality.
At least I believe so.