[Harp-L] Inspiration for Reggae Harp

I, like many of the older dogs on this list, did my time in a reggae band
(one of my favorite periods musically, if only I could remember those
years!). I also seem to find myself playing styles not typically
associated with harmonica; old time music, bluegrass, et. (there are
too many great blues players out there already).  I'll give you the
same advice I give to my students - do not listen to harp players.  My
go to
guy would be Augustus Pablo, he's an old school Reggae master who plays
melodica - really beautiful music. Ignoring my own advice, I'd also
recommend listening to Hazmat Modine, Wade and Randy do some Reggae
flavored stuff on
their new record that's fantastic!

On another note, I've been off list for a while but heard that WVA Bob
and Rick were
looking to get in touch.  Please email me at trip.tunes@xxxxxxxxxx

Best to all,

Trip Henderson