Re: [Harp-L] Re: not 12 bar / Roadhouse Blues

For all but verses 2 and 3 it's a one chord (E7) vamp, including the first verse, the guitar solo and Mr. Mojo Risin's poetic extemporizing.

Verse 2 is a 24 bar blues with a somewhat eccentric form (vs. a simple doubling the measures in a conventional blues).

12 bars E7 (tonic)
6 bars A7 (sub-dominant, i.e., the IV chord)
1 bar B7 (dominant, i.e., the V chord)
1/2 bar C& (tritone substitution for the ii chord, made into a dominant chord as is frequently the case in minor blues)
1/2 bar B7 (dominant, i.e., the V chord)
4 bars E7 (tonic)

Verse 3 is as as verse two except it ends on beat one just after the last B7 in the form.