[Harp-L] A humorous look at a serious subject

Nearly a year ago, I put together a program called ' Disaster Preparedness
Skit....It Won't Happen Here'.  I had promised my senior citizen club a
program and it didn't work out, so I came up with a substitute program.  I
feared the seniors would all sit and talk to each other during it if I
didn't get their attention immediately. I decided that we would wear
costumes and make it humorous.  I was retired from many years of emergency
nursing and have been a long time Red Cross volunteer.  I belong to a
theatre group, so the idea was a natural for me.  We took this around to
senior groups many many times and it was well received.  I truly believe
people should be prepared even for extreme weather.

Now as for the harmonica content ....  In the first scene, I have an
introduction on the computer screen and little stacks  of essential items
set out on the desk.  Among water, food, medications, batteries, literature
and many many more items I have my harmonica.  At the end, the 3 elderly
ladies and the child are in their in-home shelter (a small messy basement
storage room) and I act frustrated because I have forgotten my harmonica,
and then like a miracle I find it in my waist band.  I am thrilled and start
to play..."I can play in the dark, I can play day and night".  My harmonica
has a couple of bad notes and my pals react accordingly....they may be there
for days.....listening to me.

To view the skits, both part one and two go to  <http://youtube.com/>
http://youtube.com/  .  Type in " Imooch " in the search bar to get the
videos.