From: Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>
To: Warren Bee <wlb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Who's Blowin' Reggae?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 01:08:02 -0400

On Mar 17, 2007, at 12:38 AM, Warren Bee wrote:

I just sat in with a reggae band tonight. I was out in the snow / ice storm

I thought I told you to stay warm? (he said chastisingly) :)

we have been experiencing and stopped by a club I never had been in before.
I just wanted to get off the road for a while. Things were quiet and I had a
chance to talk with the band. Next thing I know I am sent to the car for my
harps!

Hmmm, it seems that the only way that this could would be for someone to tell them you HAD harps. (giggle)

I have played some reggae tunes before but they were pulling out all
sorts of stuff I never heard before. It seems like almost every tune was in
a minor key.

How true.

I mostly stayed in 5th position and tried some 3rd. I pulled it
off ok but wasn't thrilled with everything I did.

So who here on harp-l is blowin' some of this minor key reggae stuff?

I used to do a bit.

What position(s) do you prefer?

Sorry but you guys are way out of my league on diats. (I use a chromo) he said, ashamedly

Any recommendations on recordings I should check
out with reggae harp?

I have never heard any harp on reggae. Maybe you could start a trend.

I guess I did ok because they took my card and said
they want me to do some gigs with them. I hit some sweet licks and  added
some nice background spice but I just know I can do better. I never  got
fully loose and in the flow like I wanted. Any feedback appreciated.

Warren Bee

!DSPAM:5614,45fb7125216691071727403!