[Harp-L] who`s blowin reggae?

Hi Warren!
  I used to play reggae quite a bit. I ran into a guitarist I had once played blues with and I had heared he had a really hot reggae band going. He asked me to join the band and I told him that I did`nt know anything about playing reggae. He responded "so just come and play blues with us" - reggae is black music, sharing a lot of the qualities of blues , jazz and funk, with a different rhythm. Bob Marley actually employed some American blues guitarists in the later lineups of the Wailers - Al Anderson and Donald Kinsey. I played a lot of second and third position harp in this reggae band(and some chromatic), called "Kaya"  - later we added some funk to it, and dubbed our style as "rasta funk"
  I don`t know if I broke any new ground harmonica-wise, but I had a great time.
  Hammer
  www.dovhammer.com

Never miss an email again!