From: billhines4@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Pic2318834@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 1:10 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Hummell show

I just saw the show Saturday night in Lancaster, PA. Great show all
around. Mark played more of a Chicago style than when I'd seen him with
his own band before, which was good for me because I prefer that over
his normal jump blues. Mark to me sounded kinda a bit too loud compared
to the other two, so bring ear plugs if you wear them for loud shows.
Mark came out, did some great tunes, then trots out Kim who was as usual
a powerhouse player, he did some great acoustic stuff then switched to
amplified, for a song or two, then mark comes back out and introduces
Charlie, who exudes legend and Chicago, long black leather coat and
slicked back grey hair, he lit the place up and it was packed and
jumping on the stage level and also in the balcony. Then they all three
came out and played for the finale. Incredible stuff. I can't wait for
Pocono Blues fest now - Mark is doing his blowoff there with Lazy Lester
and Billy Boy Arnold.

As to whether the 8pm or 10pm show is best, hmm, well that's a crap
shoot and depends on what's going on with the performers on any given
night. I'd say go to both, how often do you get the chance to check
these guys out :^)

Bill Hines
Hershey, PA