Re: Re: [Harp-L] But when it comes right down to it,,

"Tom Muck" <tmuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see the exact opposite these days. In Muddy's band and other great old
> music, if there was a piano solo or guitar solo you would still hear Little
> Walter throwing down some tasteful licks -- everything is intertwined.
> These days it seems when someone takes a solo every other instrument just
> drops out and the musicians just stand there. It becomes less musical and
> more of an instrumental showcase. I think all the instruments should fit
> together and work off each other.

that's much harder to pull off, but terrific when it works.  the grateful dead were
near telepathic in their ability to play together, guitars intertwining, finishing each
others' thoughts like old married couples, starting with bob playing one thing and
jerry another, then morphing together into each playing what the other had been,
flowing from one song into another.

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

do for others with no desire of return.
we should all plant some trees
we will never sit under.