RE: [Harp-L] cornball harp, but what kind of harp or harp device?

The lead harmonica player in the sequence, Dorus, is a Charlie
Chaplin-like character who appears in several other Dutch-language
comedy sequences that are linked to this Youtube video. He's speaking
Dutch fluently in a voice that is not Jerry's. At least one of the
others has harmonica in the soundtrack, so the link to harmonica may go
beyond the simple comic opportunity afforded by mimicking a harmonica
trio. Though he also mimics playing a tiny toy accordion (that sounds
suspciously like a harmonica) in another video.

Galloping Comedians was a staple of harmonica groups back then, and
Dorus and company may have been miming to a recording by the Cats or by
one of many other harmonica groups - maybe even a Dutch one. (Is Art
Daane out there to answer this one?)

By the way, here's another version of the "Galloping Comedians" video
where you can more clearly see the broom bristles on the right-hand
harmonica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI2zwJOYjSE

Winslow